Friday, September 15, 2017

How to Make a Fall Themed Coffee Card using the Best Glue Ever

Hello -Kathy here from Create.365 to share with you a Pumpkin Spice themed fall coffee card made using the Best Glue Ever and Embellie Gellie from ScraPerfect. I've used the sketch from Just For Fun and will be participating in the Fall Coffee Lover's Blog Hop that runs from Sept 15 -22, 2017.




Today's card was made using the same free pattern papers from the UK craft magazine that I mentioned in my last post, along with stamps from A*Muse Studio and Unity Stamp Company. The rectangle die set is from Fun Stampers Journey. To save some paper, I cut out the inside of the yellow layer for the A2 card front and used it on the inside of the card...no one will ever know because it's hidden under all the layers!


Assembling the layers according to the sketch, I chose ribbon for my accents and the perfect glue for ribbon is the Best Glue Ever because it will not bleed through the ribbon like so many other glues do! I applied a thin layer to the back, let it air dry until it was tacky to the touch and then applied it to the card front. Using the Embellie Gellie wand to apply the sequins kept the sequins under control and the glue off of my hands, lol...that's a win-win situation right there!


The sentiment and the Pumpkin Spice coffee cup were stamped in black ink and colored with my favorite watercolor pencils. I then colored the ribbon on the cup with my Gold Wink of Stella shimmer pen.


Finishing off the focal image was as simple as sponging brown ink around the edges and adhering it to the card front with foam pop dots.


I also popped the sentiment up with mini pop dots.


On the inside I used the left over layers from my card front die cut rectangles, stamped the sentiment in black and the pumpkins (from a SU! Paper Pumpkin set) in orange hybrid ink several times using my stamp tool to get nice solid ink coverage. I utilized the masking technique to stack the pumpkins and colored the stems and shadows in with colored pencils...what a difference that makes! The little swirl was stamped in brown ink and traced over with a glittery gel pen.


That's it for me today as I enjoy the kick off of Pumpkin Spice season! Until next time, happy crafting with ScraPerfect~



52 comments:

  1. One of my favorite stamps! Great card, thanks for sharing!

    Shanna
    www.caffeinatedcraftiness.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic card. Thank you for Kathy for introducing that glue; and sharing your beautiful card!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are so very welcome! I love, love, love using the BGE!!!

      Delete
  3. I love this sweet card, Kathy. Super job.
    Blessings,
    Karen Letchworth
    I have a giveaway on my blog for the Coffee Blog Hop!
    www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty card, love that unity stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all the wonderful photos. Your card is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous! Love all the details and that stamp is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this stamp, too. You've colored it beautifully and your
    card is Fall perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your take on the sketch and wow, the inside is fabulous too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty card! I LOVE the fall coffee theme and your coloring is beautiful. The ribbon works perfectly with the sketch. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Just for Fun Rubber stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is s great card. I love all the wonderful elements! I so love Fall, which by the way, comes too late for me here in SC! Thanks for joining in the Just For Fun challenge! I hope to see you back again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card. Wonderful colored image and great embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card! Just love how it all came together!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful card, love that cup. (Please don't reply to this comment if it goes to my email inbox.)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very pretty card. I love the coloring and the layout. Thanks for sharing on the coffee lovers blog hop

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a pretty card with so many details!

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW! I didn't think your card could get any better and then you gave the peek of the inside! Well done! I absolutely LOVE the ribbon strips, nice way to make the sketch your own! Thanks so much for joining in the challenge at JFF Rubber Stamps and sharing your artwork with us! Wendy DT

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a beautiful card! Love the papers and, of course, that gorgeous Unity image!

    ReplyDelete
  18. GORGEOUS!! perfect fall coffee card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fantastic coffee themed card. I love the cup with those pretty leaves on it too and your coloring is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks you -I love using watercolor pencils 'cuz I believe they can make anyone look like an artist, lol!

      Delete
  20. So beautifully done!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fabulous! Aren't watercolor pencils the best?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh my yes -they are my favorite coloring medium!

      Delete