Thursday, February 8, 2018

Looking Sharp! - Make a Punny Card For Your Sweetie


Today's design team post for Itsy Bitsy will make a cute Valentine card for someone special! I started out with a piece of white cardstock and the Honeycomb stencil. I first blended Green, Royal Blue and Lavender Pearl Pigment inks together through the stencil.


Then, leaving the stencil in place, I spread Acrylic Matte Medium over top of the ink using a palette knife. I gently removed the stencil and washed it off while setting aside the panel to dry.


I then got to work on the rest of my card, stamping the cacti images from the Llama Birthday stamp set in Black Chalk Ink on pieces of white that I cut into squares and rounded 2 of the corners on. I also blended some of each of the pearl pigment colors over the cacti once the chalk ink was set. This not only looks great, it saves you time from having to hand color in each of the images.


I popped the cacti and the Looking Sharp banner up on the card front using mini Foam Dots for added dimension.


Inside the card, I die cut an oval using the Cross Stitched Ovals thin cut die set, brushed some ink along the edges and stamped on it -building up the sentiment from the set one word at a time. I also brushed a little bit of ink on the aloe-vera plant image to help tie everything together.


The texture is subtle but really eye catching on this card front so I let it take center stage!


Well, my time here on the Itsy Bitsy design team is quickly coming to a close...but I've learned alot, made some great friends and had a ton of fun during my term with this great company. I am so glad they gave me this opportunity to be even a tiny part of the crafty goodness that they bring into this world! 
Until next time, happy crafting with Itsy Bisty!



No comments:

Post a Comment