Saturday, August 4, 2018

Peaceful Spirit


Today's design team project with Happy Little Stampers is for their Christmas Challenge where the optional theme is "Sequins" this month.


This 2 piece stamp set is an oldie from Stampin' Up and I colored it with pencils on kraft cardstock. The vellum frame was added to help ground the design and draw the eye into the depth of the scene.


The iridescent sequins are meant to imitate the dreamy quality of a soft snowfall...not sure if I captured that exactly the way that I had originally intended too, but I guess not every card can be our favorite once the creative process is finished, lol. 


That's it for me today...Until next time~



5 comments:

  1. such a peaceful theme, wonderful card
    Barb Housner

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely scene Kathy and it certainly evokes the peace of the lovely sentiment. I love your soft pencil colouring.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely gorgeous. What a beautiful image, and it certainly is a peaceful scene. Wonderful coloring, and a great choice to use the vellum to frame it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card, I have that stamp too but not used it often enough!

    ReplyDelete
  5. An amazing winter scene. Your pencil coloring is stunning

    ReplyDelete