Wednesday, July 5, 2017

You Mean the World to Me

Today's card was made using sketch # 67 from Your Next Stamp as my inspiration and will be entered @ A Bit More Time to Craft for "Anything Goes", @ Penny Black and More "For the Boys", and @ Sparkles Monthly Challenges for "Embossing: Heat or Dry". 



I started with patterned paper from an old Basic Grey Vagabond collection, vellum scraps, a clear sentiment stamp from Richard Garay and an Itty Bitty stamp kit from Unity Stamp Company.


Using an A7 oatmeal colored card base, I covered the front in a full panel of the plaid and trimmed the polkadots and vellum overlay to size, according to the sketch. I stamped the "You Mean the World to Me" sentiment on the vellum in Versamark ink and heat embossed in Platinum powder from Ranger. The globe was stamped in black ink on an oatmeal scrap and then I inked the edges with the distress tool and brown ink.


Coloring was done with just a few Spectrum Noir pens.


Using the Best Glue Ever from ScraPerfect, I adhered the vellum to the polkadot paper and layered everything else on to the card front using the sketch as my guide. I then used some old clear epoxy circle stickers to accent the card front...6 small ones -3 vertically in the top left corner and 3 horizontally in the bottom right corner -and 1 large one over top of the globe. This added some lovely, but subtle dimension.


The final touch was die cutting a series of tiny hearts from metallic paper to glue beneath the sentiment on the vellum and to the right of the globe.


Inside, the sentiment is stamped in black -it's an oldie but goodie and I have no idea where it came from...I just know I have had it in my stash for many years and it was originally from a sheet of unmounted rubber sayings/quotes about love. I tore the leftover pattern paper strip in two and adhered that to the inside also to continue the blue and brown color theme.


This card has already been given to my hubby and he really liked it...Hopefully, you all will like it too! Until next time~


10 comments:

  1. Love your card Kathy and great post..Thank you for joining us at A Bit More Time To Craft Challenge...Hugs Lozzy xx
    ps. your card has been linked up now as you number 78, think its at bloggers end as im having error message coming up when i try to follow blogs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you and thanks so much for the help in linking me up!!!

      Delete
  2. I'm sure that you husband loved this card Kathy - a lovely balanced mix of colours and I particularly like how you went the extra mile to finish the card off by completing the inside of it too. Thank you for joining us at Penny Black and More, Leanne DT x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a perfect masculine card, both the images and colours and so nice to carry the theme through to the inside. Many thanks for joining us at Penny Black and More challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. a wonderful take on the sketch!

    thank you so much for playing along with us at Sparkles Monthly!

    hugs and kisses from germany,
    silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful masculine card! Thanks for joining us at Penny Black & More and good luck!
    x Daniela (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice article great post comment information thanks for sharing.
    กัลโช่ เซเรียอา>

    ReplyDelete