Friday, November 17, 2017

The Making of my October Paper Pumpkin Kit


For those of you that may not know, Paper Pumpkin is a craft box subscription from Stampin' Up! that is all inclusive for less that $20 (INCLUDING the shipping!!!) a month. You literally need nothing other than your box of crafty goodness and a flat surface to craft on!




The kits are a surprise every time and this one made 10 gorgeous holiday shaker cards (in 4 designs) using everything you see pictured below...and it even included the lined envelopes that match. It's amazing how much can fit in that little box, lol!


The first time that you subscribe to Paper Pumpkin you will be sent a clear acrylic stamping block to use with your stamp set each month. You receive at least one ink pad each time and all the adhesives you will need to complete your projects.


A photo instruction booklet and a video on You Tube every month walk you through the assembly process. This time I stamped banner sentiments and sentiments for inside the shaker boxes in the Cherry Cobbler red ink spot that was included.


Everything is precut and or diecut to the perfect size -which leaves you to enjoy the creative process without all the measuring and design logistics. I used my paper piercer to apply the mini glue dots for adhering the acetate windows because it makes it super simple to pick off the sticker backing sheet.


There were more than enough of the sequin shaker elements in 3 colors to fill all the shaker circles with...I have a ton leftover to use on other projects in the future. There were also 5 of the self-adhesive foam shaker circle rings left that I can use in the future -woohoo!




There is so much else you can do to change up your cards a bit and make them your own...check Pinterest and the Paper Pumpkin Fan Club on Face Book for lots of alternate ideas! No need to make the cards all the same unless you want to. I made this kit exactly as instructed because I loved the ideas "as is"...but YOU decide how you want to finish your projects when you are crafting with Paper Pumpkin!




After spending all that quality time crafting these gorgeous holiday greetings, I stamped, dated and signed the back of my cards like you can see here below. 


I hope you enjoyed seeing what I did with this month's kit as much as I enjoyed the time I spent crafting with it! If you are curious to learn more about how Paper Pumpkin works, please click the tab at the top of my blog that says "PAPER PUMPKIN" and contains everything you need to know.



Until next time~



No comments:

Post a Comment