Monday, June 11, 2018

Happy Bird-Day


Today's design team project uses the latest sketch from Atlantic Hearts and a cute layering bird stamp set that I received with one of my British craft magazines several months ago and am just finally getting around to using for the first time! 


Since the branch and leaves are all one stamp, in order to get them to have two different colors I had to color the stamps up first with water based markers -after stamping the image I then went over everything with a water brush to try to help the colors flow better. It didn't work perfectly, but it'll have to be good enough, lol!



The bird layers I stamped in 2 shades of brown plus the slate blue. This stamp set also came with 2 matching die cuts, so I used them to cut out the bird and his wing for dimension on this otherwise CAS card.


After stamping the sentiment in the slate blue, I then die cut the whole stamped panel out and layered it on to the front of a slate blue card front.



Until next time~


No comments:

Post a Comment