Friday, June 8, 2018

Sweet Treats


Today's design team project with Craftin' Desert Divas is a fun triple shaker card! I started by printing 3 of the icecream images from the Cool Treats digital stamp set and coloring them with colored pencils.
              

I die cut the smallest rectangle from the Crazy Stitched Frame Dies set 6 times -3 for the fronts and 3 for the backs of the shaker boxes. For the front pieces, I then cut out the centers to make frames and for the backs, I ink blended the polka dots in 3 different distress ink colors using the Sorted Shapes 2 stencil.


After building the shaker boxes, I filled them with microbeads in 3 co-ordinating colors. The "Sweet Treats" sentiment is from the Simply Said Clear Stamp Set but I'd like share a little tip here for stamping sentiments with Distress Ink...sometimes Distress Ink gets splotchy if you try to stamp sentiments with it, so if you first press your stamp on to a Versamark ink pad and then on to the distress ink pad it seems to help the ink cling to the stamp and gives better coverage that way.



That's it for me until next week~




No comments:

Post a Comment