Saturday, March 25, 2017

Birthday Balloon Chickie

Today's card was inspired by the sketch @ Reverse Confetti but will also be applied to the Birthday theme for Andrea @ the SIP Challenge and Anything Goes @ Word Art Wednesday. In April, I will send this card to one of my niece's to celebrate her 7th birthday!





















I began this card by laying down some light blue ink thru a Tim Holtz Stencil using my sponge dauber tool and some stencil tape to hold everything in place while I worked on the front of a side folded A2 white card base.


I chose a pastel glittery striped cardstock from the DCWV mat stack and stamped the retired TAC "Happy Birthday sentiment on blue scraps I trimmed up from my stash.


The adorable little chickie is from a small stamp set I just got from Unity Stamp Company that is called Bright Little Chick. I joined the Stamp of the Week Club at Unity and this little cutie was the first one I received. Now, once a week, I am sent a gorgeous, brand new, cling mounted red rubber stamp set for less than $8 (including shipping!) + I get a discount on all the past Stamps of the month = LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Unity Stamp Co!!! They are a small, family owned & operated company in Minnesota and your stamps will be "cooked to order".  I can't say enough good things about these folks -so please go check them out for yourself!


The balloon stamp is from a retired hedgie set from TAC, but was the perfect size for this card, so I stamped it twice in black ink on white scraps and colored them up with my Spectrum Noir markers. I did the same with the chickie, but then masked him so that I could stencil behind him on the circle I punched out.


 I used the scallop scissors to trim a vellum circle layer to go behind him and after trimming the balloons, I covered them with Crystal Lacquer and sprinkled them with clear glitter. I used some twine for the balloon strings (the ends were secured by a mini glue dot) and popped up the chickie and balloons with foam pop dots...the other layers were adhered with my ATG gun. (man, I love that thing!)


I outlined the chickie with a clear Wink of Stella marker for a bit of shimmer and traced over the sentiment and the pink bow-tie with a clear Sparkle Dust Gelly Roll pen.


For the inside, I punched more circles out of scraps and after die-cutting the number 7, I ran it thru my Xyron sticker maker -facing down- so that I could apply prisma glitter to the surface. A little bit of multi glue to adhere it and this card is now ready to go out in the mail!


No comments:

Post a Comment