Monday, March 6, 2017

Try Stampin' On Tuesday(Or Not) Challenge #310

Today's card is one that the ladies at my local library will get to make at our April card class and it was inspired by the sketch over @ the Try Stampin' On Tuesday blog, but I didn't go with their optional "sweet thoughts" theme this time.




I started out with a half sheet of 8.5 x 11 periwinkle cardstock that I top folded and then rounded the bottom corners using a corner rounder punch. I used Versamark to get the tone-on-tone look for the Easter eggs (retired -CTMH) I stamped randomly across the card front to make my own background paper. The Easter basket was stamped in a charcoal dye-based ink and colored with (Stampin' Up) markers. I then cut a circle around it, trimmed off the bottom, hand pierced a border around the edges and sponged the lightest blue ink I could find around the edges.

The Sentiment and Easter basket stamps came FREE as a Bloom Benefit that I earned by placing a $50 order from my Fun Stamper's Journey web-store and is only available in the Bloom This Way mini catalog until March 31st! I stamped the sentiment in Versamark ink and embossed it in lilac embossing powder onto a trimmed piece of pale peach cardstock that had a bit of a texture to it. I then layered that on to a coral piece of cardstock to help it pop off the background.

The butterfly (from a Momenta Butterfly stamp and die set) was stamped in Versamark ink, embossed in clear glitter powder and colored with one of the same SU! markers I used to color the Easter eggs. I then cut it out with a matching diecut and gently bent the wings up for some dimension. The sprigs (dies from Maker's Mark/Spellbinder's Die of the Month Club) I adhered under the butterfly were diecut from vellum and attached with mini glue dots, as was the butterfly. The last step was popping up the focal circle with foam dots and then I was finished!


No comments:

Post a Comment