Monday, October 23, 2017

Fintastic Birthday Set


Today's projects were created for the Itsy Bitsy design team using another of the adorable new clear stamp sets they just released earlier this month. This one is called "Fintastic Birthday" and it was so much fun to work with!


I decided to think outside the box a little using the Stitched Square Thin Cut Dies...I layered them and cut the pieces out of a scrap piece of white fun foam two times and then I turned the foam shapes into stamps. Using a temporary adhesive, I adhered the 4 foam shapes to both sides of two small acrylic blocks and then stamped an alternating background design using the Green and Royal Blue Pearl Pigment ink pads on a 6" x 6" white card front. While this design is a rather basic geometric example, any die cut you have can be turned into a stamp this way- And it's so much fun to do!!!


I also diecut a square from a White Glitter Sheet to layer on the card front. Another, slightly smaller, square was die cut from white cardstock and then shaded with the Royal Blue ink using a round sponge ink blender to get that circular, bubbly underwater look behind the octopus. I also used the blue ink on the blending sponge tool to fill in the empty white space at the bottom of the card front.


I stamped the cute little octopus in Black Chalk Ink on white card and colored him using a blending sponge and the Green Pearl ink. I then fussy cut him out and adhered him to the blue square using Mini Adhesive Foam...I did the same with the blue square to add it to the white Glitter sheet to add dimension. I hand trimmed the banner for the sentiment and layered it on more Glitter Sheet paper. I also attached 3 Silver Foil Jewelled Florettes to the top left side using more mini adhesive foam.


On the inside, I stamped the octopus in the middle first, then stamped again 2 times without re-inking the stamp to get the lighter shades of the Black Chalk Ink. I added some soft blue and green ink behind them and then did the same to stamp the sentiment 3 times.


Since I don't like to throw anything away, I ended up with a bonus project using the foam pieces once I was done stamping with them and had removed them from the acrylic stamp blocks. I stamped using the tiny fishes onto a bookmarker and topped it with some matching fancy floss from my stash. I think it will make a cute little tag on the top of a birthday gift.


To make my own envelope for this card, I paired a 12" x 12" piece of patterned paper from my crafting stash with the Envelope Punch Board. I trimmed the paper down to a 9.5" square and followed the printed directions on the Punchboard. It's such a useful tool that I utilize often! Here is a quick video from Itsy Bitsy's You Tube Channel that showcases the Envelope Punch Board, in case you are wondering more about how it works:



Front of the bookmark tag:


Back of the bookmark tag:


Sometimes when making my own envelopes I will put the pattern in the inside so that it is easier to address and then pop in the mail, but I know this will be hand delivered, so I put the pretty pattern on the outside instead.



That's it for me today -thanks for having a look and please let me know if you try making your own stamps from diecuts too! Until next time, happy crafting with Itsy Bitsy~




No comments:

Post a Comment