Sunday, October 8, 2017

How to Make an Adorable Kitty Birthday Card Using The Best Glue Ever


Hello crafty friends! Today's card is a cute kitty on a 6" x 6" square top-folding white card base. The patterned papers, embossing folder, glitter and the stamp set that I used are all from the Itsy Bitsy shop. The first step after trimming all my paper layers was to run the floral layer through my Amaze machine with the Mums embossing folder -but only partially -meaning that the left side of the piece of paper hung outside of the folder and stayed smooth. I then lightly sanded the paper to remove the color off the very top and give it some definition.


Using the Best Glue Ever to adhere the embossed paper to the other card layers means that I know it will stay stuck and not pop off later...the dimension from the embossing proved to be a challenge for securing until I discovered how well the BGE works!


I also used the Best Glue Ever along with the No Clog Writing Cap to "color" in the white circles on the yellow patterned paper and then turned them a sparkly rose gold using glitter.


To color my images, I used Distress Inks as water colors...tapping the ink pad onto an acrylic block and picking up the color with a water brush. I just kept layering colors until I got the look I wanted. I then fussy cut out the party accessories and added them to the kitty using mini glue dots. The square kitty panel and the sentiment panel were adhered using mini foam dots for added height.


Here you can get an up close look at how using the sanding block in the first step really pops the embossed dimension up off the patterned paper. This works really well with white cored and white backed papers.


I also went back and added glitter to the pile of gifts once the water color on them was all dry.


Inside I used up some paper scraps and did some quick stamping and coloring. This card is now ready to be given to my niece for her 16th birthday coming up after this weekend.



Until next time, happy crafting with ScraPerfect and the Best Glue Ever! 




No comments:

Post a Comment