Wednesday, August 23, 2017

A "Wheelie" Cute Hamster Card

Today's card was inspired by sketch #335 at Try Stampin' On Tuesday and will also be entered @ The Paper Players for "CAS: Get Coloring", @ Dragonfly Dreams for "Animals" and @ Addicted to Stamps & More for "Anything Goes".


My son gave me this Hamster stamp set from Lawn Fawn for Christmas and I have been dying to use it. For those of you who may not personally know me, I do volunteer work in small animal rescue and provide both long term and foster homes for gerbils, hamsters and mice. But I have to admit that the full size Syrian Hamsters like the one pictured in this stamp set are by far my favorite! I currently have 3 in my furry family and 2 of them are Black Eyed Creams (one Satin and one Long Haired) that look just like the one I colored.


Using 12 x 12 white, solid aqua and coordinating patterned cardstock from CTMH, I made a top folding A2 white card base. After running the front aqua panel through my machine with the paw print embossing folder, I adhered it on to the card front and used a corner punch to round the bottom corners. 


I stamped the Wheelie sentiment in black ink on an aqua scrap and trimmed a banner to mat with patterned paper.


Using a Spellbinders stitched heart die, I cut a heart from white and stamped the wheel and hearts on it. On a scrap piece I stamped the hamster so that I could fussy cut it out and pop it up. Spectrum Noir markers made the coloring quick and easy.


Adding light gray in the center of the wheel behind the hamster and around the outside of the wheel added a nice depth to the simple image.


The patterned paper strip at the top and the heart were adhered flat with my ATG gun. The hamster and the sentiment banner were popped up with foam dot adhesive. The final touch on the front was to add a tiny sequin heart to the sentiment and sprinkle a tiny bit of glitter over the exposed glue.


Inside I used a stamp from STAMPlorations "Funny Kinda Love" set and more of the tiny hearts like are on the front...this is about as CAS (Clean and Simple) of a design as I can seem to manage to do, lol! This card will get tucked in my hubby's overnight bag on one of his upcoming business trips.


Until next time~

6 comments:

  1. Sweet with a touch of humour - great combination! The colouring on the hamster is lovely. Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at ATSM, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww! I love that little hamster in the wheel, so cute! Great use of the sketch, and a perfect card for our CAS coloring challenge at The Paper Players. Thanks for joining us this week!

    ReplyDelete