Tuesday, August 8, 2017

How To Make a DIY Up-Cycled Dog Treat Bin

Hi~Kathy here from Create.365 to share with you some crafty goodness and today's project post is -GASP- not a card, lol! With the help of the Best Glue Ever from ScraPerfect I up-cycled an old dog treat container to give it a new lease on life.


I gathered several sheets of tan patterned 12 x 12 papers, inks and a retired Family Dogs stamp set from TAC along with an old paper-board dog bone canister.


Using the Best Glue Ever made this part super easy because it sticks to everything and the front of the original cardboard canister was coated in a waxy layer (can't believe I forgot to take any pics before I covered it -but I was just so eager to get started, lol). I wrapped and trimmed the paper so that the front was covered in one large piece and then seamed the back and the sides.


I traced around the lid and then just kept trimming a little at a time until I got it just right to sit inside the lip on the top. A thin layer of glue was all that was needed to adhere the paper to the plastic!


The tag was punched out using old tag punches and a long retired tag stamp set from SU! and then the layers were attached with a mini silver brad.


And silly me, I decided I wanted to stamp on the top after I had it glued on, so I just laid a thick piece of foam underneath the lid and stamped away with very good results using an old TAC alphabet set for the bold fonted "Treats" and an old CTMH script stamp set for the "dog".


Since one of my dogs is a 12 year old Chocolate Lab (who still acts like a puppy most days!), I colored the dog in her honor with Prismacolor pencils on ivory cardstock, then tore and inked the edges before layering it with a torn patterned paper rectangle on the front.


 All layers were adhered using the Best Glue Ever and I know with the strong hold it will last for many years to come -much to the delight of my dogs who come running every time I shake the treat bin, lol!


Hope you've enjoyed seeing something different from me for a change and until next time...Happy crafting with ScraPerfect~



No comments:

Post a Comment