Monday, August 21, 2017

Sweet Succulent Birthday Card

Today's card was made using sketch #226 from Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge and is my second  Design Team creation for them! I will also be entering @ the heARTful stamping challenge for "Anything Goes + a Stamp" and @ 613 Avenue Create for "Anything Goes w/option of Shabby Chic".



This card was made on an A2 white card base and I used patterned paper from Basic Gray, stamp sets from Close To My Heart and Stampin' Up! + Tuxedo Black ink.


Using circle punches in two different sizes, I punched the smaller circle for my sentiment in white and the larger from a blue scrap of patterned paper.


Next, I stamped the Succulents in black ink and colored them using water color pencils and my Dove blender....and I am really lucky that the ink didn't run, because I grabbed the one I usually only use for colored pencils and alcohol markers by mistake, instead of the Archival one I use with water mediums, lol -oops! I also sanded the edges of the blue circle before layering them and then fussy cut the succulents out. 


The banner was stamped 2 times on the creamy tan patterned paper, fussy cut out and tucked under the circle layers on the card front according to the sketch. 


For added sparkle, I colored over all three of the Succulents with the Wink of Stella pen before popping them up on the card front using foam pop dots. The sequins from CTMH came with mini glue dots already on the back of them -so handy! I then stamped the small succulent behind the Birthday Wishes from SU! in a light gray ink -I think this added such a classy touch!


Inside I made use of the rest of that left over patterned paper, stamped the sentiment in black and the large succulent in gray in the foreground. This card will be going out in the mail to my Dad for his birthday in October.


Until next time...


2 comments:

  1. Kathy - that is elegant & beautiful - nicely done! Thank you so much for sharing your project and creativity at 613 Ave C!
    ~ginny, DT for 613 Ave C: [ATG]
    Owner: RubberMAD (GettyCollection.com)

    ReplyDelete