Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Flower Medley Tag and Pillow-Box Gift Set with Itsy Bitsy



Hello crafty friends -Kathy here for my first Design Team project post with Itsy Bitsy and I can't wait to share it with you! I am so grateful for this opportunity and just had so much fun creating with these beautiful products. Let me walk you through the process of creating the flower tag and matching pillowbox...


Starting with beautiful paper is the key to every good project and this "Happy Birthday" paper pack is gorgeous-there is not a single print in here that I can't wait to use! And the Adhesive Foam dots come in a pack containing 3 different sizes...small, medium and large...which I found to be super convenient!


The Poppy set from the Papercrafting Medley Collection is filled with a variety of 11 wonderful 3D elements...I didn't even use half of them on this project! So I can have more fun using the rest on a future project, lol.


The first step was to emboss a large manila tag using the Blossom -Mums embossing Folder.


I then traced around the tag's shape unto the patterned paper, trimmed around it and glued it onto the side with the debossed impressions. I also made sure to re-punch the hole at the top.


On the back of the tag (the side with the raised images) I brushed Ranger Distress Ink directly from the pad to the paper.


For the front of the tag, I layered the burlap doily along with the vine and 2 blossoms. I overlapped and glued down the doily over the right edge -trimmed off the extra that was overhanging and saved it for another project. The medium sized foam squares were the perfect size to pop the flowers up off the surface.


Using the white cardstock from the Blank Cards Value Pack I trimmed a small rectangle out, blended Picked Raspberry ink over it and spritzed it with water to get a watercolor washed look for my sentiment banner accent.


Now, I just have to brag about this Pale Copper Fairy Dust glitter for a bit...not only is it a gorgeous rose gold color that is very on trend right now, but I just love the container it comes in because it comes with a little spout top that is so easy to tap small amounts of glitter out of! I don't often reach for my glitter because of the mess it can make, but this design is brilliant!!!

Anyway, I used the glitter and some glue to accent the polka dots in the patterned paper and the center of the coral colored flower.


Using a "Happy Birthday" stamp from the adorable Purrfect Birthday stamp set (#IBST34076), I stamped in black ink on the custom ink blended and hand trimmed banner. And you can see below that the large foam dot pieces were perfect for adhering the banner to the bottom of the tag front.


Using a free template I found online, I traced and cut out a simple pillow box from the same sheet of patterned paper, scored it, folded it and then assembled it with some Double Sided Tape.


I then used a long piece of Jute Cord to wrap around the package and to tie on the tag,


Trimming down a piece of double sided tape, I made a strip for the glitter to adhere to for the final accent on my sentiment banner.



 Since I had a piece of the blended pink paper left over when I trimmed down the banner, I used it to top the back of the tag...using small circle punches and kraft paper to finish off the tag holes on both the front and the back.



I had a blast creating this gift set and working with these high quality Itsy Bitsy products! Hope you'll be inspired to try something similar and make time for some crafting today.


Until next time~




No comments:

Post a Comment