Thursday, August 3, 2017

Two Hearts, One Love

Today's card was inspired by the weekly sketch at Atlantic Hearts and will also be entered @ Ike's World for Anything Goes + Embossing, @ Sunny Day Crafts for "E is for Emboss", and @ Craft-Dee BowZ for "Anything Goes + a Handmade Bow".



Today's card was alot of fun to make because I took my design cues and several 3D elements from the actual wedding invitation...the invitation itself was printed on kraft brown cardstock, wrapped in a band of white lace and all the rsvp/reply cards etc were bundled together with the stamped and dated tag and the pink ribbon.

So I started by heat embossing a row of lace in white- stamping it in stacked rows to fill the whole background of the kraft A7 card front


I wanted to use the tag instead of the floral element shown on the sketch, but still wanted to add a small flower accent, so I sponged on pink and navy chalk inks to custom color the white flowers and attached them with a tiny pink heart shaped brad.


Because my nephew proposed to his bride-to-be outdoors and in a wooded area, I wanted to honor that by using the retired SU! skeleton leaves stamp set as part of my design. So I stamped the largest leaf in the two alternating colors down the center of the ivory front panel. 


I then embossed the retired CTMH sentiment in navy and distressed the edges by tearing the right side and sponging on Antique Linen Distress ink along all the edges before wrapping the ribbon from the tag along the left side of the panel and tying a separate bow that I attached with a mini glue dot.


Before attaching the center panel, I used a piece of vellum as a layer to soften the background.


The inside I kept sweet and simple by embossing the sentiment in navy like I did on the front and stamping a smaller leaf in pink chalk ink on an ivory panel. This card will go with us on a 2+ hr journey next weekend to celebrate the love of one of my nephews and his lovely bride to be!


Until next time~


16 comments:

  1. Beautiful. Thanks for sharing at Sunny Day Crafting.
    ~Owner/DT Janis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Thank you for joining us at Ike's World Challenges good luck Ginny DT for
    Ike'sWorld challenge
    My Blog As I do Rodos

    ReplyDelete
  3. The feathers are gorgeous, and the vellum layer is a wonderful touch. So glad you joined the challenge at ASCH.
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Sunny Day, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH that is utterly beautiful, especially the sentiment. Thank you for taking the time to join in with our challenge and sharing your creativity with us, I love to see your talent, creativity and imagination at work. I hope to see more of your creativity in the near future. Love 'n' hugs Sall IkesWorld Challenges DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. FABULOUS ! A wonderful card and I love the leaves. :-)
    Thank you for coming to play at IKEsWORLD Challenges.
    IKE x

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card with a beautiful sentiment! Thanks so much for playing along at Atlantic Hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card!
    Thanks for sharing with us at IKE’sWORLD challenges.
    Blessings.

    ReplyDelete