Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Thanksgiving 2017: Personalized Table Tent Cards


Today's project was a fun one created using a long ago retired Stampin' Up! Paper Pumpkin kit from September of 2015 that was sitting in my stash untouched and just begging to be put to good use! The photo below is what the kit was intended to create...but I went a bit rouge this time and made some table tent cards for Thanksgiving dinner instead, lol!


These cards are small -3" x 3" square. So I started by cutting 10 pieces of the orange cardstock 6" x 3" and running them through my machine with the falling leaves embossing folder. I then scored them at the 3" mark and folded them in half.


Using the tags, the stamps and the ink from the kit, I made 10 layered tags.


I then used my Creative Memories Wave Cutter to transform the large fringed piece you see on the left into the smaller piece you see on the right. this was not an easy task because the fringes keep wanting to get pushed out of the way instead of getting cut...but I persisted and pushed through until I had enough for each card. I did have to clean up some of the cuts with a small pair of scissors, but that didn't take too long!


For the girl's cards, I used the pumpkin colored ribbon to hang the tags and for the boy's I used the raffia -both were part of the original kit.


I then used a fine line black pen to write everyone's names along the bottom -stamping the dotted detail on either side in black ink. The finishing step here was tracing over their names in a sparkle gel pen for a tiny, subtle bit of glimmer.


For the inside greeting I die cut a label, sponged ink along the edges and stamped the retired greeting from TAC in that same ink.


Today's project will be entered @ Glitter 'N' Sparkle for "Thanks/Thanksgiving", @ Use Your Stuff for "Thankful", @ Dream Valley for "Add Texture" and @ Always Fun for "Thanksgiving".


Until next time ~Happy holiday crafting & have a blessed Thanksgiving~


6 comments:

  1. What a great project...these look awesome! Thank you for sharing with us at Dream Valley Challenge XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to use that kit. And everyone has a little souvenir to take home with them. Thanks for playing along at USE YOUR STUFF - Gail

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you re-imagined the kit. Really creative and cute. Thanks for playing along with my challenge - Heather R

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are adorable!! Very creative. Thanks for sharing it with us over at the Always Fun Challenges blog.

    ReplyDelete