Monday, May 13, 2019

Mother's Day - AHSC #316


Thanks for joining me for the sketch of the week over at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge. I love using sketches as my jumping off point when I am creating.


For this card, I used some of the succulent patterned paper and a card front that came in the February Paper Pumpkin kit from Stampin' Up! The pattern on the card front is a nice subtle gray that I had a hard time getting the camera to pick up on.


I colored the gorgeous teacup in soft watercolor pencils and added the vellum for a nice feminine touch. The use of pop dots for added dimension helps the focal point jump off and catch your eye  a bit more.


My mom and grandma always gardened and have house plants now and when I was growing up, so that's where I guess I get my love of plants from. Although, until I recently moved to a house with better lighting, and really started paying attention to plant care I never thought I had a green thumb...I thought it had skipped me over, lol!



Until next time~



No comments:

Post a Comment