Thursday, March 2, 2017

Your Next Stamp Challenge #58: Crocus Thinking of You/Get Well

Today's card was made using a sketch and color challenge from over at the Your Next Stamp blog and was sent to my mother-in-law who is recovering from a pretty severely broken leg and is currently confined to a bed or wheelchair. I really hope this pretty bit of spring put a smile on her face this week! She is actually the one who introduced me to rubber stamping about 21+ years ago when she colored a very simple, single layer card and gave it to my daughter for her birthday...I had to know more! I learned all about Stampin' Up! and became a regular at my "local" (45 minute drive one way) stamp store...the rest is history. My MIL no longer makes cards and my local stamp store has long since closed it's doors, but I still love to stamp, lol.




Using the sketch as my inspiration, I cut my cardstock and patterned paper layers using a paper trimmer and Creative Memories Oval cutting tool. The double pierced border on the purple square was done with a needle tool and template set I bought many years ago and still put to good use!


I sponged 2 shades of purple ink thru a plaid square stencil along the side fold of the card and used  a clear stardust glitter pen to define the lines between the two different colors. So soften that up a bit, I then layered vellum on top and tied a bow with organza ribbon.


The crocus (from Technique Tuesday) was stamped in archival black ink, colored with Spectrum Noir alcohol markers, coated with Glossy Accents and lightly sprinkled with clear prisma glitter on just the purple flowers. I sponged the edges of the oval with light blue ink to soften the white and adhered with several foam pop-dots. The "thinking of you" sentiment (from a past SU! Paper Pumpkin monthly kit) was stamped in Black Licorice ink from FSJ and embossed with clear embossing powder. The last step was rounding the corners with a corner rounder punch. This card is larger than your typical A2 size card, but I forgot to get the actual measurements before I popped it in the mail -sorry!


No comments:

Post a Comment