Friday, March 31, 2017

Spring Espresso

Today's card, like yesterday's card, was inspired by many different challenges...but unlike yesterday's "time intensive multi-media exploration" creation, this one came together super fast - Woo-Hoo!!! I used sketch #490 from Mojo Monday, took my color cue from the STAMPlorations "Anything CAS Goes -Sky Blue color twist" challenge...I didn't use any die-cuts per the CAS-Fridays "CFC#170 No Dies Allowed" challenge and I kept it coffee themed so that I could link to the Spring Coffee Lover's Bloghop one last time, lol. This is my 3rd and last coffee themed link-up card for the Spring Hop -Enjoy!














Starting with a top folding white A2 size card base, the first thing I did was pull out a pre-made panel that I had left over from my watercolored background making session that I showed you in the Under the Sea post earlier this week. So if you want the details on how I made it, just click on the link and have a quick look around to get the main idea. This particular piece was a third generation block stamping...so made with more water and less ink than the Under The Sea card was.


I stamped the cup outline and the Espresso sentiment (from a retired photo-polymer stamp set by CTMH called "Coffee Shop") in Versamark ink on the watercolor panel after rubbing it with my anti-static pouch tool. I then heat embossed it with silver embossing powder. 


Next up, I tore the edges of the watercolored panel and trimmed the sky blue patterned paper (from yet once again that same vintage DCWV mat stack pack) and the white core aqua textured cardstock to size using the sketch as my guide. I then used my Heidi Swapp Edge Distressor tool and ran it heavily along all the sides of both those layers to curl and fray up the edges for some added texture and visual interest. 


The creamy white ribbon was adhered (using my ATG gun) on the back side of the card after the layers were adhered and since I wanted to keep it simple, I went with what I call a "cheater knot" for the accent...this involves taking a short piece of ribbon, looping it under the previously adhered ribbon strip, tying a simple knot on top and sliding it in place where you want it.


The watercolored and embossed panel was then adhered on top of all that using 6 thin, low profile foam dimensionals from SU!.


Inside, I made use once again of the leftover scrap patterned paper and stamped the "Perk Up" sentiment from a retired set by the same name from A Muse Studio stamps in Black Beauty die ink. This card is now all ready to be mailed out to one of my May card swap partners. 



20 comments:

  1. Wow! Stunning card!!! Love the amazing colors and layers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just awesome, love the textures and pretty layers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is SO pretty, and I love the embossing you've done. FAB!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your card,turqoise is my favourite color!
    Such a great coffee set.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful with those gorgeous colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks you, and thanks so much for taking the time to visit my blog!

      Delete
  6. Simply gorgeous and love the distressing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you -I often tend to forget about those older, little used tools that I have stashed in my desk drawers, lol

      Delete
  7. Absolutely LOVING that beautiful watercolour panel!! Thank you for playing along with the STAMPlorations CAS Challenge. We hope to see you back again soon! Karola, DT, InvisiblePinkCards

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! I will be back for sure and since I just discovered the STAMPlorations brand and joined the Gold Stamp Club I will be sure to use those products in the future too! :)

      Delete