Monday, April 3, 2017

March Planner Re-Cap

Today, I am just sharing  a quick recap of four "before the pen" weekly planner spreads from the month of March. All were made using stickers from The Happy Planner, Simple Stories or Recollections sets and/or some rubber stamps. I am relatively new to creative planning, so I am learning as I go, lol and I am still not happy with the lighting set-up I currently have for taking pics of my planner pages, so I guess I'll need to keep on tweaking it some more to try to get them brighter, but without all the glare!

*******

Week #10 uses stickers from the Carpe Diem cardstock sticker set from Simple Stories, floral washi tape and rubber stamps with chalk ink...I learned a very important lesson about stamping only on sticker paper from now on during this week, lol...too much bleed through for my liking when stamping directly on to the planner page. (You can see this from the backside of the next picture for week #11)


Week #11 uses stickers from several Happy Planner sticker value packs and some metallic washi tape...all in shades of green to celebrate St. Patrick's Day! (note: on the left side is where you can see the bleed thru from the previous week's stamping directly on the page)


Week #12 uses washi tape stickers from a Recollections branded pack (exclusively available @ Michael's stores), washi tape and retired stamps from both TAC and a SU! Paper Pumpkin kit. The stamps (blossoms and leaves=SU!) were stamped on to white sticker label paper, colored with Spectrum Noir pens and fussy cut out. The "have faith", "A dream...heart makes" and "be authentic" (all TAC) sentiment stamps were stamped right on the washi tape stickers. But I learned another very important lesson here...these Recollections stickers -while very pretty -were a nightmare to use!!! They stuck something horrible to their paper backing and I had to pry them off with a needle tool and a mini spatula...then many of them ripped in the process. Once down, they were NOT re-positionable, so if they went down even a tiny bit crooked, you were stuck with them, sigh. I was NOT happy about this, but finished the page and vowed to never, EVER buy this brand of stickers again, lol.


Week #13 in honor of the Spring Coffee Lovers Bloghop Event, I got alittle creative by making my own DIY coffee themed washi tape for the center strips of the page by stamping in black ink on label paper and coloring with SU! markers. I then cut down the center with my paper trimmer before removing the backing paper and adhering it to the page. I love the way it turned out and will probably use that technique again in the future. (see up close, more detailed pic down below) The rest of the stickers are from the Happy Planner.



That wraps up my creative planning for the month of March -guess I better get in gear and start designing for April, since it's already the 3rd day of the month!



No comments:

Post a Comment