Friday, January 5, 2018

Craftin Desert Divas January 2018 Mood Board Challenge


I am so excited to be sharing my first official project for the Craftin Desert Divas digi design team and today's card was made for the January Mood Board challenge that you too can participate in at our Craftin Desert Divas Gallery FB group. There are prizes -so come check it out!


For this card I used the adorable sledding penguin  and igloo from the Chilly Time Digital Stamp Set and colored them up with my Chameleon pencils. Just in case you have never used digital stamps before, but you want to know what they are all about, here is a quick tutorial on the CDD YouTube channel. And know that you do not need fancy software like Photo Shop to use digis...I just use the free Word program that came with my laptop and learned how to do that through YouTube videos. I am NOT computer savvy at all...so if I can figure it out, YOU can too, lol!


The background was made using Ranger Alcohol Inks and Blending Solution on glossy cardstock. I then accented it with sequins from the Cotton Candy pack and the Shimmer Sequins pack.
The "Smile" sentiment on the front is from the "Simpy Said" Clear Stamp Set
and is stamped in Onyx Black Versafine ink. The inside sentiments are both from the Birthday Sentiments Digital Stamp Set.


After fussy cutting the igloo and sledding penguin out, I covered the igloo with Glossy Accents and sprinkled it with Sparkle Dust Glitter. I also covered the sled with more Glossy Accents to highlight it and give it some dimension. To make the hills, I cut wavy lines through sparkly light gray cardstock and used my paper piercing tool to perforate the edges and help define it. The smaller hill at the bottom was adhered using 1/4" foam tape for additional dimension.


We've had quite a cold snap where I live, with daily temps in the teens...so I have been staying cozy inside and coloring the nights away! Until next time~stay warm~



No comments:

Post a Comment