Sunday, June 18, 2017

Clean and Simple Manly Birthday Card

Today's card was inspired by sketch #325 @ Try Stampin' On Tuesday and will be entered @ Cards in Envy for "You're the Man", @ STAMPlorations for CAS "Anything Goes -Masculine Colors" and @ Craft Rocket Challenge  "For the Men/Boys". This will also be one of the cards that will be made at my library's card making class in the month of August.





First step was cutting the patterned paper from the Glitter Mat Stack according to the sketch and then using Frog Tape to gently hold the stencil in place at the top of the card so that I could use the distress tool with some blue ink.


This card is made to fit in a legal size envelope and measures roughly 3.75" x  9.25". The stamp set is from Unity Stamp Company and was one I received as part of the Stamp of the Week club a few months ago.


After stamping the cake in Momento Tuxedo Black ink on scrap white cardstock, I colored it with Prismacolor Watercolor Pencils and the blender pen. Then I covered the whole cake with clear sparkle from the Wink of Stella pen and fussy cut it out.


The blue banner was hand trimmed and sanded to give it a softer, more weathered look. I used my ATG gun to adhere the patterned papers and the blue banner, but I used mini pop dots to adhere the cake.


Keeping it clean and simple, I stamped the sentiment in that same black ink underneath the focal image, at the bottom of the card.


The inside sentiment is from an old wood mounted Stampin' Up birthday stamp set that I have in my collection.


I don't always do a lot of cards that I could consider as Clean and Simple, but I do think this one fits the bill and I am very happy with the way it turned out! Until next time~


12 comments:

  1. Love the colors and stamping! Thanks for joining us at Cards In Envy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful colour combo!
    Thanks for playing along with us at our present challenge at Craft Rocket and good luck! Hope you will join us next month again.

    Hugs
    Alex
    *DT* Craft Rocket Challenges {#38 – For a boy / man}
    *DT + Admin* Do-Al(l) Kreatives {#6 – Early summer}
    Alex' Kreative Seite

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great masculine colors and fun use of the patterns! So glad you joined us over at Stamplorations CAS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an unusual and GREAT take on the Try Stampin' on Tuesday sketch, Kathy! Your use of the stencil pattern is quite effective! And you interpretation of the sketch as a business size card is inspired! Thank you for sharing with us at TSOT! -Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great masculine card, Kathy! I love the colors you used and how you changed up the size/shape. Every now and then you just need to do things a little differently. :) Thanks for sharing with us at Try Stampin' or Not on Tuesday.
    Sara H.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nicely done; love all the elements of your card which go so well together; never thought about making a "legal envelope" size card - thanks for the inspiration. Thanks for joining us at STAMPlorations CAS

    sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you -give that "long and lean" legal card style a shot -I found out that I really enjoy doing it!

      Delete
  7. i really likes your blog and You have shared the whole concept really well. and Very beautifully soulful read! thanks for sharing.
    กัลโช่ เซเรียอา

    ReplyDelete