Sunday, June 4, 2017

Hello Birdie Birthday

Today's card was made using sketch #65 from Your Next Stamp and inspired by the "Winged Things" theme from The Artistic Stamper, the "F for Feathered Friends" theme from The Alphabet Challenge and the "Flowers and Friends make Life a Garden" quote challenge from the Time Out Challenge Blog



I started out with a birch A5 side folding card base and a piece of birch cardstock that I cut into a 4" circle using my Creative Memories circle cutting tools and templates.


The stamps I used are from A*Muse Studio (I think they were a past stamp of the month set from 2016) and the patterned paper was from an old Basic Grey Collection called Sweet Pea Alyssa.


The vintage bird was stamped in Tuxedo Black Momento ink and colored using water colors. Once that was dry, I used 2 shades of distress inks to give the edges of the circle a vintage photo look...but after I did it, I was wishing I hadn't, lol...oh well -it was clearly too late now. So I made the best of it and used some sky blue chalks to brighten up the sky a bit more.


The "hello" was die cut from both pink glitter paper and white fun foam to layer and add some dimension to the front of my card. Foam pop dots completed the look by popping up the bird circle just a tiny bit too. 


Final touches to the card front included clear sequins in 3 different sizes from Pretty Pink Posh and I even used my Gelly Roll Star Dust pen to add some glittery details to the middle of each flower blossom.


The inside of the card was stamped also in black ink, softly colored with chalks and I then tore the edge of a patterned paper scrap and glued it to the bottom right corner. This card is now finished and ready to mail to one of my aunt's later this year.


Until next time~


8 comments:

  1. Beautiful colouring and such a delicate image! Thank you for joining us at TIME OUT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet bird and wonderful water coloring. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very pretty card. I love your colouring of the bird. Thanks for sharing with us at Alphabet Challenges. Caz DT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice card ! Thank you so much for sharing your work with us at The Artistic Stamper
    WIshing you good luck to win beautiful stamps !

    ReplyDelete
  5. i really likes your blog and You have shared the whole concept really well. and Very beautifully soulful read! thanks for sharing.
    กัลโช่ เซเรียอา

    ReplyDelete