Monday, June 26, 2017

Summery Yellow Layered Roses

Today's card is the second one we will be making at my local library during the month of August and it is also the second one I have made recently using this layering technique, but this time I made things so much simpler by using a rectangle die set from Fun Stamper's Journey. I'll be entering this card @ Creatalicious Challenges for "Anything Goes #117 with Die Cuts", @ International Art & Soul for " #CH 11 -Flowers" and @ Fashionable Stamping for " Challenge #124 -Make it Feminine".


The first step was to die cut the 3 white rectangles from white cardstock, then I trimmed the 2 smaller yellow layers just a little bigger and made a top folding A2 yellow card base.


Picking the dye ink colors that I wanted to use for the 2 step Rose set was the most time consuming step of this whole process, lol. As you can see below, some of them were obvious fails for various reasons, but in the end I chose a sunny yellow for the base and the light orange for the top layer.


Colored inks are from The Angel Company and the black is from Fun Stamper's Journey. The clear stamp set is from Close To My Heart and the inside red rubber sentiment is a retired stamp from TAC.


Following the same process as I used here to stamp the layers, after stamping I then used my ATG to securely adhere everything together to the card front.



The finished card is quick and simple, yet has great visual impact!


Inside was also kept simple by accenting the sentiment with 2 green leaves and that's all there is to this beauty! I would probably go back and add some glitter to a few of the roses for a bit of an accent, but glitter glue takes too long to dry during the time period we have to work with for our library class, so for now it will have to stay the way it is.  


Until next time, 


8 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy, your Triple Time Card ist very beautiful. Always a nice technique.
    Thank you for sharing with us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.
    Greetings Carola

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely card and the Technique you have used thanks for sharing with Creatalicious Rachel DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, I love the layered design you've used. Thank you so much for playing along with our IntAAS (Flowers) challenge this fortnight. Hope we see you again very soon. Hugs to you Sue Pxxx DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. i really likes your blog and You have shared the whole concept really well. and Very beautifully soulful read! thanks for sharing.
    กัลโช่ เซเรียอา

    ReplyDelete