Thursday, June 15, 2017

How to Make a Quick and Easy Handsome Birthday Card

Hello -Kathy here from Create.365 with a quick and easy handsome card for a man's birthday using ScraPerfect products that I'll be entering @ Always Fun Challenge "For a Male or Dad" and @ Tuesday Throwdown "For the Men" and @ heARTful Stamping for "Masculine + a Stamp".


I shared how to make the rainbow watercolor background in this post here and when I did it originally, I made 4 all at one time...so far, I have used 3 of the 4 on card fronts. This one, I tore the edges to get the square I would use for my focal stamping scene.


I started with a side folding A2 white card front, trimming the turquoise panel so that there was a white border and punched the corners with the southwest corner punch after spattering it with FSJ Silver Silk. Then I glued it onto the card front with a small amount of the Best Glue Ever.


Using dark green and dark brown dye inks, I stamped the pine trees and the moose (retired stamps from TAC) on the panel and adhered it to the bottom of the card front with foam pop dots.


Using clear embossing ink, I stamped the Happy Birthday sentiment to the top right of the watercolored panel and heat embossed it with dark green embossing powder ...of course, the first step in heat embossing for me it to wipe my cardstock with the Perfect Crafting Pouch to eliminate static and the last step is to clean everything off with the Perfect Cleaning Cloth.


Using a thin jute twine, I wrapped the spine of the card several times, tied a bow at the top and secured the knot down with a tiny bit of BGE. Then I used that same glue, the No Clog Writing Cap and the Embellie Gellie wand to adhere the 3 enamel dots exactly where I wanted them to the left of the sentiment.


Inside, I stamped the rest of my sentiment (retired from TAC) and the smallest pine tree. This card is now ready to go out in the mail to one of my brother-in-laws in July.


Until next time, happy crafting with ScraPerfect~



4 comments:

  1. Stunning! Love how you finished off the inside - I never do that but it really finishes off the card beautifully! Thanks for playing along with my heARTful stamping challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for all you do to offer such fun challenges!

      Delete
  2. i really likes your blog and You have shared the whole concept really well. and Very beautifully soulful read! thanks for sharing.
    กัลโช่ เซเรียอา

    ReplyDelete