Thursday, June 8, 2017

Easy Layered Anniversary Card How To

Hello from Create.365 ~ Kathy here...today's card is my first post for the month of June with ScraPerfect and I have  an easy layered anniversary card to share with you. This uses a technique that I always admire, but often forget to utilize. So just in case it is a new one to you, I will walk you through it and then you can give it a try too!



This card will be entered several places for challenges this week: "Anything Goes/Flowers" @ Artistic Inspirations Challenge, "#365 -Inspirational Photo" @ City Crafter Challenge Blog and @ Penny Black where "Anything Goes" for the month of June.


To start this card, I used an A2 size top folding horizontal card base in a rose red color. I trimmed 3 rectangles from white card stock, layered them evenly and temporarily adhered them together with repositionable sticky dots so that I could stamp them all at once. Using rose red dye ink and a stamp set from Close To My Heart, I repeatedly stamped the solid rose base image all over the 3 layers then added leaves in a sage green ink and the "Happy Anniversary" sentiment (retired from TAC) in black ink. (No need to worry about the white halo around the layers on the stamped images -that's the beauty of this design because they will be covered up in another step down the road.)


Before moving on to the next step. I tapped the newly stamped layers with the Perfect Crafting Pouch to quickly dry the inks so that the embossing powder in my next step would only stick to the Versamark ink. Using the 2nd step rose detail stamp, clear embossing ink and Silver Pearl embossing powder I added a second stamped and embossed layer to the 5 roses in the center of the card only. Once melted using the heat tool and cooled off, I wiped the Perfect Cleaning Cloth over it to remove any stray pieces of powder that may have been left behind.


The next step was to carefully remove the temp adhesive to separate the stamped layers and trim a red layer to back each one of them with a narrow border using my paper trimmer and the Best Glue Ever to hold each layer together as I built up the card front. 


 The Best Glue Ever also worked perfectly to adhere the red micro beads to the center of several of the flowers for added interest and dimension. The No Clog Writing Cap ensured that I had utmost control of where I wanted to apply the glue too.


While it's very hard to see in the photo, there is an added element of clear sparkle sprinkled over the card front because I splattered FSJ Sparkle Silk across it. It is subtle, but gorgeous in person!


The inside was kept super simple with just a retired TAC sentiment stamped in black ink. This card is now ready to be mailed out later this month to my brother-in-law and his wife.


Until next time, happy crafting with ScraPerfect~



11 comments:

  1. A beautiful card and super stamping, many thanks for joining in with our June theme at Penny Black and More challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous card for our challenge and beautifully done! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card thanks for joining us at Artistic Inspirations. Louise DT x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in awe of this layered design; it's stunning! Such a lovely and elegant take on our challenge. Thanks so much for joining us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card and great stamping.
    Thank you for sharing at Penny Black & More @ Allsorts and good luck x Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  6. i really likes your blog and You have shared the whole concept really well. and Very beautifully soulful read! thanks for sharing.
    กัลโช่ เซเรียอา

    ReplyDelete