Thursday, June 1, 2017

June MIUCB: Celebrating Father's Day Lakeside Style

Today's card is my 2nd Design Team post over @ the Mix It Up Challenge Blog where Anything Goes, but our optional challenge this month is to using Stamping. I also used the sketch from the Sugar Pea Designs Mix -It-Up Challenge #31.




 Using the sketch as my visual guide, I trimmed the tan polka-dotted cardstock so that the dusty blue, A2 side folding card base showed behind it and used my Creative Memories circle cutter to cut one circle from white cardstock and one from vellum for the card front. I then stamped the retired TAC Lakeside scene in Tuxedo Black Momento ink using my Stamp Perfect tool.


Once again, I colored the image with my Prismacolor Watercolor Pencils and the Dove Blender pen.


To make the black sentiment banner, I used a scrap of black cardstock that I first brushed lightly over with the ScraPerfect Perfect Crafting Pouch so that the white embossing powder would only stick to the Versamark ink and not the black cardstock. After heat embossing in white, I cleaned any remaining powder residue left from the Pouch with the Perfect Cleaning Cloth...not gonna lie, this step blows me away every single time. For years I had avoided embossing on dark cardstock because of all the complications involved but these two products from ScraPerfect have changed all that, lol!!!


Next I used my piercing tool to poke a border around the vellum circle before I adhered it over top of the stamped image...to do this and not have the glue show through, I sponged on a light layer of liquid glue and then smoothed it out as best as I could...although, it curled terribly in the process and you can still see some puckers. :(


 I hand cut a banner around the sentiment and adhered it to the card front with pop dots, used mini glue dots to adhere the sequins scattered across the front and notched the top right corner with a tiny hole punch and then tied it with some jute for added interest.


Inside, I used a patterned paper scrap and a retired sentiment also from TAC...this card is the one I will give to my hubby to celebrate Father's Day in a few weeks. He is the best dad my children could have ever asked for and I thank God every day that we get to enjoy our life's view together!


Until next time~





3 comments:

  1. Love your beachy scene - perfect for a relaxing Father's Day! Great photo tutorial, too! Thanks so much for joining us at SugarPea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much for stopping by to take a look!

      Delete
  2. Hello!! I'am glad to read the whole content of this blog and am very excited.Thank you.
    บอลพรุ่งนี้

    ReplyDelete