Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Happy Bee-Day Shaker Card

Today's card was made keeping the challenge from Power Poppy to "Frame It Up!"  in mind...so I made a hexagon frame and then turned it into a shaker card!



I used two stamp sets for this A5 (5 x 7) side folding white card...the "Bee Happy" set is from Amuse Studio and the "Thanks Much" is a very versatile  ATS set that you can get for FREE from Fun Stamper's Journey when you place a $50 order by the end of June.


Using Black Licorice ink from FSJ, I repeatedly stamped the "hand-made honey" hexagon so that it covered the entire card front. I then over stamped some of them with the background stamp in Raw Sienna Palette ink. 


Using 2 different blades and my Creative Memories hexagon cutting system, I cut a frame from mustard colored cardstock for the shaker card window. I stamped the large bee 3 times on scrap paper, colored them with Spectrum Noir pens, topped it off with some clear Wink of Stella glimmer and then fussy cut them out. 


I adhered the acetate to the hexagon frame with ScraPerfect's  Best Glue Ever and cut the foam tape in half length-wise to build the frame up to hold all the goodies inside...sequins, micro beads, and "confetti".


Using the BGE, I adhered the 3 bees to the front edges of the frame, bending their wings up a bit for added dimension and using mini foam dots, I adhered the sentiment that I embossed on black cardstock and cut out. 


 Using a paper punch from Creative Memories, I cut out 3 black hexagons and stamped them with the mini honeycomb in FSJ's Whip Cream ink. After heat setting them, I cut them in half and glued 3 pieces to the front of the card and 3 to the inside. Using images from "Bee Happy", I decorated the inside of the card and now it is ready to send to one of my sister-in-laws for her birthday in July.


Until next time~



2 comments:

  1. What a totally awesome card! Love the shaker!! Thanks for playing along with the Power and Spark Challenge this month!

    ReplyDelete