Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Beautiful Bridal Bouquet

Today's card was created for one of my soon to be "niece-in-laws" who is marrying one of my nephews this coming August...I was unable to attend her bridal shower over the weekend, but I made sure to send along her gift and a hand made card with my daughter who was attending. I will be entering this card for the "Girly" challenge @ Dare2BArtsy, the "Feminine" challenge @ Great Impressions and the "Flowers" challenge @ Retro Rubber.







The stamp set I used today is retired from Close To My Heart and is at least 5 years old, but I have lost track of what year I actually bought it in. I used a side-folding A2 white cardstock base and Whisper White cardstock from Close to My Heart for the watercolored pieces. I began by adhering the 3 small roses on one block and randomly stamping them in Versamark ink (to fill the panel) and create my own pattern paper -then heat embossed the images in white embossing powder. I made sure to use my Perfect Crafting Pouch first to eliminate any static and when I was done embossing, I brushed off any residual powder with the Perfect Cleaning Cloth


When it came time to do the watercoloring, I was wishing I had an artist's palette to work out of, but I made do using the lid instead. I like using a waterbrush because right now I don't have a large selection of  actual watercolor brushes and this way I could control the water output better. I used 3 shades of pink, green, blue and a purple to color the background images and the large bouquet. (The watercolors are nothing fancy -just a set I picked up at Michael's a few weeks ago)


To assemble my card, I first ran a piece of wide gold glitter washi tape down the card spine and then slightly overlapped the watercolored rose background panel. I die cut the word "love" from both pink glitter paper and fun foam so that I could layer it to get some dimension...the No Clog Writing Cap I have on my Best Glue Ever really comes in handy to do fine detail gluing like this! 


I fussy cut the bouquet and adhered it with thick foam dots to the watercolor panel after adding a swirl of fine gold metallic thread behind it. The pearls had an adhesive backing on them already, so I just spread them around the card front until I got the look I wanted...using both the small and medium sizes.


I heard through the grape-vine that the Bride-To-Be was very pleased with her card -she too is a paper crafter and I knew she would appreciate the effort that went into it's creation!


On the inside, I just left the sentiment speak for itself...keeping it clean and simple.


Until next time~


10 comments:

  1. Cute card, I love your watercoloring....I have those watercolors and love them. Thanks for joining Retro Rubber.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful bridal card! The watercolor flowers are just beautiful! Thanks for playing along with us at Great Impressions and good luck! Hugs, Robin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Wedding card, the colors are so soft and the layout is lovely.
    Wonderful water coloring, this just goes to show you there is no need to spend a ton of money, you did a beautiful job with this little set.
    Thank you for sharing with us at RETRO RUBBER, hope you play along next time.
    Hugs,
    Maria Rodriguez.DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you created your own background designer paper! Lots of texture, soft colors and lovely embellishments in one lovely card. I know that the recipient appreciated your care and time. Thanks so much for sharing with Retro Rubber. Hope to see you often in our gallery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for your kind words and for stopping by to take a look!

      Delete
  5. Lovely card! Awesome job on the watercoloring. Thank you for joining our Feminine Challenge at Great Impressions this month.
    Ruza
    Ruza's Craft Corner

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello!! I'am glad to read the whole content of this blog and am very excited.Thank you.
    บอลพรุ่งนี้

    ReplyDelete