Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Father's Day Lighthouse

Today's card is one we will be making for the month of July at my local library card making class and I will be entering it in "For Dads" @ Send a Smile 4 Kids and in "Masculine" @ My Time to Craft


This is a 5 1/5" square gatefold card that came in a pack of 10 with matching envelopes from DCVW many, many years ago and I am just now getting around to using them...better late than never, right? 


The lighthouse stamp set is a long ago retired one from TAC that I still use often because the design is very classic and will never go out of style.


To start off, I die cut 3 of the largest tags from my old Sizzix steel ruled die using my Amaze machine...one from kraft cardstock and two from white cardstock. I then ran the kraft tag thru my Texture Boutique with the clouds embossing folder and then brushed the white Palette ink over the top using the direct to paper method.


Using black ink, I stamped the lighthouse on the 1st white tag, the "Happy Father's Day" sentiment and large birds on the 2nd white tag and the smaller birds on the kraft tag around the clouds. The lighthouse scene was colored using decorator chalks and applied with Q-tips for a soft, vintage look. The tags were secured to overlap with a bit of ScraPerfect's Best Glue Ever and tied with a piece of blue organza ribbon at the top.


I stamped the sentiment in black on a kraft scrap, adhered it to the front right bottom of the card and using foam dots attached the tag set to only the left flap of the card front....overlapping, but not securing the right side, so that the card can still be opened.


I had decided to stamp the large bird randomly over the front of the card in charcoal ink because all that blank space was bothering me...I just don't seem good at doing wide open, clean spaces, lol. I always seem to feel the need to fill them up, for some reason! To tie it all together, I wrapped the card with some skinny jute twine and tied it into a small bow -front and center. The inside tag was also edged in black ink to help it pop, glued on and then I declared that the card was finished.




5 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you about blank space! I can't stand it on my projects either. LOL Love your card, especially the simple color palette. Great job coloring the lighthouse, too! :) ~ Andrea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! I am glad I am not the only one who struggles with Clean and Simple then, lol...I admire that style, I just can't seem to actually do it ;)

      Delete
  2. Fantastic
    Thanks for sharing at My Time To Craft x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello!! I'am glad to read the whole content of this blog and am very excited.Thank you.
    บอลพรุ่งนี้

    ReplyDelete