Friday, May 19, 2017

Peaceful Deer for Father's Day

Today's card was made for my Father-In-Law using sketch #497 @ Mojo Monday and will be entered @ Watercooler Wednesday for "Judy's Masculine: Anything Goes", @ Ooh-la-la Creations for "Something beginning with B" and @ My Creative Scoop for "Color Inspiration Monday #22".






















Unfortunately, my memory is not serving me well in remembering where I got this deer stamp -maybe because it was over 10 years ago, lol. I don't use it often because of it's large size but when I decided to make 5 x 7 (A7) size cards for Father's Day this year, I knew it would be just perfect! The card base was made from side folded kraft cardstock and all the stamping was done in Rich Cocoa Memento ink.


I trimmed the striped patterned paper to fit according to the sketch and ran a piece of vellum thru my Amaze Machine using the forest trees embossing folder from We R Memory Keeper's for some subtle backgound texture. After adhering those layers to the card front using my ATG gun, I splattered the whole front with my FSJ Silver Silk.


I love, love, love using my Stamp Perfect tool to get a nice dark, crisp image with repeat stamping and I inked the Buck up at least 2 times to really get the image to pop off the kraft cardstock. Using google to photo reference, I then colored the white parts with a chalk pencil and for the rest of the image I used Prismacolor pencils. 


I then used a Prismacolor Blending Marker on the main body of the deer to enhance and smooth out the color, but I still love the way the texture of the kraft shows through a bit!


I mounted the deer portrait to the card front using foam pop dots.


Using the scraps of patterned paper to accent the inside, I kept it sweet and simple with 2 retired sentiments from TAC and a row of pine trees.


This card is now all ready for my hubby to sign and give to his dad in a few weeks! Until next time~


17 comments:

  1. I can see why you've held on to this Deer stamp for so long Kathy. Makes for a really great masculine card any outdoorsman would love to receive. Beautifully detailed and coloured. Thanks so much for joining us for Judy's Masculine anything goes challenge at our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy, what a wonderful stamp! The deer image is so life-like. Love it and the way you've coloured it. Your background Designer paper and embossed vellum really do make the deer "pop". Thanks so much for joining Judy's Masculine anything goes challenge this week and linking to our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely card and your colouring of that deer really brings him to life. Thanks for joining us at Judy's Masculine Anything Goes challenge at Watercooler Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy, your card is gorgeous! I love that the stag looks like he could walk right off of the paper. Beautifully done! Thanks for joining us this week at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you and thanks for stopping by to take a look!

      Delete
  5. Such a fabulous card. Love the coloring on that beautiful deer image. So glad you could join us for Mojo Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kathy, wow fabulous Fathers Day card, the deer look amazing. Thank you for sharing with us at Ooh La La and good luck in the draw. Jennifer DT member x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kathy! You have used some of my favorites here! I love everything about this card! You did an amazing job!Thanks for joining us this week on Watercooler Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice coloring! Love Prisma Colors!!! Thanks for joining us this week at Watercooler Wednesday challenges!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you -they are my favorite colored pencils and I don't regret the investment I made in them well over a decade ago, lol

      Delete
  9. Hello!! I'am glad to read the whole content of this blog and am very excited.Thank you.
    บอลพรุ่งนี้

    ReplyDelete