Friday, May 26, 2017

Hello Lovely: House-Mouse and Friends

Today's card was a fun one to make and I will be entering it @ House-Mouse and Friends for their "Embossing Challenge", @ Deep Ocean Challenge Blog for their "Your Furry/Feathered Friends" challenge and @ Words 2 Craft By for their Spring = Party Time challenge.


Once again, I broke out my well-loved Old World mat stack, along with a top folding A2 white card base. I currently only own 4 House-Mouse stamps, but I just adore them! The Doily Blooms stamp set is from FSJ, but was on the Retired stamp list that came out last week and is sadly now Sold Out. 


I chose to do heat embossing for the challenge and stamped my images around the edges of the card in Versamark ink. I repeated each image 2 times, but only stamped and embossed (in white powder) one design at a time so that I could see my placement on the patterned paper better. I also used ScraPerfect's Perfect Crafting Pouch to prep my paper before embossing and the Perfect Cleaning Cloth when I was all done.


Then to give the paper more of an ombre look and to help those gorgeous lacey images pop against the light blue, I blended Faded Jeans Distress Ink all along the edges. The mouse image was stamped with Momento Tuxedo Black ink and carefully colored with Spectrum Noir pens and fussy cut out.


I popped the focal image up with mini foam dots to give it dimension and adhered the panel to my card front with my ATG gun.


To finish the card front off, I used a corner rounder punch on the four bottom corners. I am really in love with the way this card turned out...now I just have to decide who I want to give it to.


For the inside of the card, I used the scrap of patterned paper left over from the card front on the bottom and used my mini blending tool again to color the white doily a soft blue. The retired TAC "hello" I stamped in FSJ Licorice Black ink and the "lovely" is die cut from metallic gray cardstock and adhered with my ScraPerfect Best Glue Ever.


Until next time~




11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Kathy :-) the image is super cute and I love the embossed background, the whole design is so pretty :-)

    Thanks for joining us on the House Mouse and Friends Challenge 🐭
    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you - I have pet mice, gerbils and hamsters and love the entire House-Mouse line!

      Delete
  2. Stunning! I love everything about this card! Thanks so very much for sharing your creativity! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kathy love all the gorgeous embossed details the image is super sweet great take on the Embossing chall theme.

    Thanks for sharing with us @ House Mouse & Friends Mon. chall this time..come back soon.

    smiles Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy, What a pretty card, and I'm in awe of your coloring! WOW!!! So glad you shared with us at Words 2 Craft By. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet card, and the background you created is lovely. Thanks for joining us for the House Mouse and
    friends Monday Challenge and sharing it with us.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete