Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Old Truck for Father's Day

Today's card was made for my Dad for Father's Day (shhh, Mom -don't tell! LOL) and inspired by sketch #64 @ Your Next Stamp. I'll be entering it for the "Mighty Men of May" challenge @ Open-minded Crafting Fun Challenges, for  "Always Anything Goes @ Pammie's Inky Pinkies ChallengesCrafting From The Heart, and Always Fun Challenges.




Like the deer stamp in my last post, this is a pretty large stamp, so I decided to make this into an A7 (5x7) size card from a side folding white card stock base. Using a retired old truck stamp from TAC, I repeat stamped it 2-3 times using Momento Rich Cocoa ink and my Stamp Perfect tool so that the ink was dark and crisp. The patterned paper was trimmed according to the sketch with the extra piece saved for using inside the card.


I used my ATG gun to adhere the paper layers and then punched a tiny 1/8" circle on the back inside of the card using an older CTMH punch (see placement in the photo of the inside of the card below) to thread the jute twine through...wrapping it around 3-4 times and tying it into a small bow.


I then did all the coloring with my Prismacolor watercolor pencils and a Dove Blender pen.


Using my mini ink blender tool and Ground Espresso Distress Ink, I antiqued the edges of my colored panel to give it a soft, vintage look. Foam pop dots were then added to the back to give it some dimension and adhere it to the card front.



On the inside I just used some of the leftover patterned paper from the card front and stamped the sentiments (from TAC and SU!) in the same cocoa ink. 


Until next time~


4 comments:

  1. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Always Fun Challenges, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats a brilliant Father's Day card, great image and choice of papers x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card the image is simply striking. Thanks for joining in on the fun over at Open-Minded Crafting Fun. We look forward to seeing you again.
    Hugs    
    Berni,DT
    open-mindedcraftingfun.
    ~

    ReplyDelete